most common, yet preventative, hotel problems
We visited another property today that has dropped off the face of the earth with regards to preventative maintenance. Our PM guru, Marc Fleischer, lists the follow top 17 problems found in most hotels we visit. Are yours in the same boat?
Top 17 most common, preventative problems:
- No Guest Room Preventative Maintenance
- No Equipment Preventative Maintenance
- HVAC filters not being replaced
- Bathroom exhaust vents OOO
- Daily temperature checks not being conducted & recorded
- Daily building walks not being conducted & recorded
- Fire Alarm panels in “trouble”
- Fire alarm / sprinkler testing past due
- Domestic water pumps not operational
- Domestic hot water systems with no thermometers
- Domestic hot water systems with mixing valve temp at 140 degrees
- Chiller systems with bad compressors
- No first aid or eye wash stations in working areas
- No MSDS or outdated MSDS books in /Pool/Engineering
- Guest rooms OOO for length time with no return on date
- Boiler rooms with excessive leaking pipes
- Unreported structural damage
Look: it’s great to have super IT systems, beautiful furniture, and brilliant architecture.
But if your property is being eaten apart by lack of property maintenance, then you are in a very precarious position.